Autumn tends to be a grim season, but not in Warsaw, the city that celebrates the season with the largest international Polish festival of contemporary music, Warsaw Autumn (Warszawska Jesień). There are only four days left to enjoy outstanding performances at different participating venues around the city, mainly till Sunday, September 28, 2014, when the 57th edition of the festival closes with Musical Carriage and the Cuckoo Clock Orchestra, two sound installations by Erwin Stache.
Starting tomorrow till Sunday, September 28, 2014, you can enjoy La Folle Journée de Varsovie 2014 at Teatr Wielki (Grand Theatre – National Opera). This festival has been held annually since 1995, with great success in countries like France, Spain, Japan and Brazil. In Poland, the festival is organized by the Sinfonia Varsovia Orchestra, C.R.E.A. and by the Ogrody Muzyczne Foundation. This is the fifth edition of La Folle Journée in Poland, and its theme is American Music of the 20th century.
More quality music is presented next Monday at Pardon To, Tu: live performances by Pat Thomas, a prolific artist, considered by many critics a master of improvisation. He will be accompanied by double bass player Adam Pultz, and a true star of Scandinavian improvised music, producer, composer and drummer, Peter Ole Jørgensen.
For fans of pop rock, Friday, October 3, 2014 is a day to mark in the calendar, as one of the bestselling performers of the genre, James Blunt, will perform at Torwar. Blunt is known for hist such as “Bonfire Heart,” “You’re Beautiful,” and “Goodbye My Lover.” The concert is part of the “Moon Landing Tour 2014,” which the artist dedicated to dreams, longings and first loves.
To celebrate 10 years of outstanding service for our guests at Mamaison Hotel Le Regina Warsaw, Chef Paweł Oszczyk created an outstanding gourmet menu, available every evening in our La Rotisserie Restaurant.
Fillet of pike perch roasted with potato crust, cherry tomato, ginger and fresh coriander salsa.
The gourmet menu features 10 mouthwatering Paweł Oszczyk, in bite-size portions, to give you the opportunity to savor each dish without feeling full, or overwhelmed by quantities. Instead, you get to focus on the sophisticated, delicate flavors, blended in every dish with great gusto, to create a tasting menu fit for royalty:
- Pastrami of duck with herbs leaves, foie gras slivers, coffee and caramelized soy sauce
- Tuna fish carpaccio coated with oriental spices on fennel salad, passion fruit dressing
- Ragout of scallops with pine nuts, cauliflower and raisins, capers and spring onion beurre blanc
- Velvet creamy artichokes soup with crunchy egg and summer truffle
- Cod fish and asparagus ravioli with warm caviar vinaigrette
- Fillet of pike perch roasted with potato crust, cherry tomato, ginger and fresh coriander salsa
- Prime of guinea fowl baked in cabbage leaves, dry morel sauce
- Roasted loin of venison marinated in vodka with honey, beetroot with elderflower, celery and pear, plum sauce with Tasmanian pepper
- Chocolate cannelloni with physalis sherbet
- Ravioli with goat’s cheese and rosemary, strawberry and Earl Grey sherbet
10 conversation-stopping, melt-in-your-mouth dishes, each symbolizing a year of activity for Mamaison Hotel Le Regina Warsaw, are paired with fine wines selected by our Sommelier Champion of Poland 2013, Andrzej Strzelczyk. Speaking of wines, May 22nd is an occasion for connoisseurs to participate in a unique tasting event, which will emphasize the best wines of the last decade, with award-winning wines like . Champagne Egly, Barolo, Riesling Auslese Max Fer Richter, and many others.
For information and reservations, please call +48 22 531 60 00.